Imagine a world where Baptists, Jews and Episcopalians come together to help meet a critical need in the Nashville community – serving the homeless. The Boulevard Bolt meets that need with a long tradition of serving Nashville’s homeless community. Proceeds have been used for such vital projects as:
- Purchasing backpacks with “street survival supplies” for homeless youth
- Helping pay for laundry facilities at a homeless shelter
- Adding a hot breakfast to services provided by a local soup kitchen
- Operating a truck to deliver meals to the homeless on the streets
- Supporting “safe nights” in a 24/7 shelter for homeless victims of domestic violence
- Supporting a chronic disease program for local medical clinic serving the homeless
- Paying for electronic health records for a mobile healthcare van serving the homeless
….and many other much needed services
All Nashville agencies that benefit the homeless are invited to apply for funds from the Boulevard Bolt. Each year an allocations committee with members from each congregation determines the priority for funding.
Since 1994, we have donated over $2.0 million to the homeless community in Nashville.